Overarching question:How do you recognize a quality assessment?
We will cover the 3 major phases of assessment: planning, development, and auditing/analysis.
After attending this training, attendees will be able to
- Develop a test blueprint to ensure that an assessment is aligned to the selected standards.
- Determine if an assessment mirrors the focus of instruction as well as the full range of cognitive levels expected.
- Describe methods that allow an assessment to measure both low and high achieving students.
- Explain techniques to ensure that an assessment measures the intended learning (validity) and produces consistent results (reliability).
- Evaluate, create, and analyze assessments to ensure that they meet standards of quality.