Providing teachers with the tools to develop roadmaps for student success and building connections for deeper meaning.
- I can create clear learning expectations from state content standards or the Common Core State Standards.
- I can describe the relationship between Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions, and Learning Targets.
Strengthen teachers' strategies for gathering whole group and individual data and using the results to make instructional decisions.
- I can describe the fundamental difference between formative and summative assessment.
- I can explain how formative assessment can be used to gather accurate data about student learning.
- I can design an assessment plan for a set of learning targets.
- I can describe the strategies of formative assessment.
- I can practice formative assessment strategies in my class.
- I can analyze formative and summative assignments and assessments to check for alignment to the learning goals.
- I can audit an assessment using performance criteria.
Achieve (Differentiation and Sound Grading Practices)
Creating a classroom culture of student involvement which fosters motivation and student achievement.
- I can differentiate between descriptive and evaluative feedback, use both to close achievement gaps, and motivate students.
- I can analyze data and use it to make instructional decisions that fit the need of a diverse student population.
- I can audit my grading practices for alignment to the intended learning targets.
- I can identify research supporting sound grading practices.